1. Where does your meat come from?
Our chickens come from Pennsylvania. These tender and exceptionally tasty chickens are a Penobscott/Cobb cross (originally a Maine breed) now raised in Lancaster Valley in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch country.
Our beef and lamb come from farms in Maryland, Virginia, New Jersey, and New York.
2. What does halal mean?
Halal is an Arabic word that means “permissible.” In terms of food, it means food that is permissible according to Islamic law. For meat to be certified “halal,” it cannot be from a forbidden animal (such as pork) and must be slaughtered humanely.
3. What is your Honest Criteria?
Our Honest Criteria is what makes us different from all other meat stores. Every animal that enters HONEST CHOPS must meet the following criteria:
1. The animal was hand-slaughtered following strict Islamic guidelines.
2. The animal was humanely-raised.
3. We can trace the precise farm and practices of where and how the animal was raised.
4. No steroids, no growth hormones and no antibiotics were ever used in the duration of the animal’s life.
5. The feed of the animal was strictly vegetarian. For lambs and steers it must be grass-fed and pasture-raised.
6. The animal must have spent his entire life on a traceable farm. We do not allow auction purchased animals in our store.
4. Why don’t you deliver to my neighborhood?
We are a growing operation and are working hard to accommodate all areas in the greater NYC area. We are floored by the demand for our meats. Please continue to check our delivery page for updates. (Delivery Zones)
5. What are your store hours?
We are open Sunday through Thursday from 12pm to 7pm; Friday from 2pm to 8pm; Saturday 12pm to 8pm.
6. Can I have your number?
Sure can! It’s 212-388-0762.
7. Is your meat certified organic?
Our beef and lamb are USDA certified organic. Our chickens are raised in cage-free barns and are never administered any antibiotics or growth hormones in their entire life. The feed is 100% vegetarian, comprising of soy and various grains.
8. Love the new photos. Who took them?
Thanks! All our new photos were taken by Khushbu Shah. You can see more of her work here: khushbushah.tumblr.com
Don’t see your question? Ask us at email@example.com.
Subscribe Now for Store Updates and Promotions